EE, a British mobile network operator, has recalled a batch (around 500,000 units) of its Power Bar smartphone charger after one left a student with severe hand burns. The charger had exploded and set fire to the student’s floor.
According to a company statement, they identified a few instances in which the charger overheated dangerously, making the products a fire safety issue.
Customers will be offered a £20 voucher to spend on accessories.
EE told BBC that only one batch, E1-06, was affected.